Boy, do I LOVE May. This one is gonna be a doosy.
Wrapping up the school year with concerts and programs and gymnastics shows and dance recitals and that's just for ONE kid--yikes!! Planning to enjoy every minute of it along with the promise of a wonderful summer on the horizon. Wrap things up and plan for new beginnings.
Only FOUR months until we have a Kindergartener and a two year old...what? Looking to slow things down for the summer and enjoy our time together. We have this saying in our house, "It's time to make a move!" And I am taking May to Make a MOVE for myself.
Here's the PLAN...
1. MOVE my body. Our family joined our local YMCA in December and have made a great effort in going 4-5 days a week, but I am ready to step it up a notch. I feel SO much better when I work out. It clears my brain, makes me more patient and it just feels good to be active. My plan for May is to MOVE MY BODY 5-6 days per week. No Exceptions. I am very close to my goal and need to take an extra step to make it happen.
2. No Pop. I have this little habit of "needing" a diet cola at 3pm everyday and it really is just BAD and unneccesary. Switching to water with lemon and hoping for good results.
3. Get a consultation for LASIK. I have been meaning to do it since Alaina was born (she's 5!), haven't been able to wear contacts since then. I am just plain sick of my glasses. They mostly bother me when I am working out, fall off, get sweaty, etc, etc....time to make a move and see what's possible.
4. Take things ONE DAY at a time. Make a plan for the next day the night before. I have a much better chance of completing what I'd like to if I have a plan in place when I wake up.
5. SLEEP. Lord knows it's easier to be your best self when you are well rested. Our kids are pretty good about sleeping through the night, so I should be taking advantage of that and getting the rest I need too. No more late night TV, time on Pinterest, Dilly Dallying around...GET. TO. SLEEP. and wake up refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
I can do FIVE things. That seems manageable to me.
What moves are you ready to make this month?