Ingredients:1-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Salt Free
1 sweet yellow onion(chopped)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 can organic diced tomatoes no added salt
1 can organic black beans (drained + rinsed)
1/2 jar salsa verde- target's archer farms brand is pretty darn clean
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. italian seasoning (I know, weird!)
salt + pepper to taste
3 bell peppers-whatever colors you prefer (thinly sliced)
1 head of iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced)
1 medium avocado
**FYI: you will need an immersion blender to make this meal. Food processor will work, but it's messy and more work, just saying. Invest in an immersion blender, awesome!! I don't use mine super often, but often enough to make it worthwhile. I think $35-$50 would be a reasonable amount to spend on it. Check discount stores like homegoods, sometimes you'll get lucky and find a great deal on a quality product!
Let's Do This!1. Pound chicken breasts 1/4" thin and slice each chicken breast into 3-4 pieces
2. Place chicken chunks in Gallon Ziploc bag.
3. Add 1/4C. water, 2 T. olive oil and 2T. Mrs. Dash Seasoning
4. Close bag tightly and mix it all together.
5. Put in fridge for 30ish minutes
6. In a large pan, heat 1T. olive oil
7. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent
8. Add minced garlic. Cook another 1-2 minutes until fragrant
9. Add diced tomatoes, black beans, salsa verde, chili powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer sauce for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
10. In another pan heat 1T. olive oil
11. Add peppers and cook 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. I like mine kinda black and fajita-ish, so cooking time will vary based on your preference.
11. While peppers are cooking and sauce is cooling chop up your iceberg lettuce and avocado.
12. Grill chicken 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
13. When sauce is cool use an immersion blender to chop it all up into a smooth sauce.